The hype around the Metaverse is constantly increasing, making it the next big thing in the digital world. The latest push came when Facebook renamed its corporate name Meta, focusing on the Metaverse in October. The Metaverse has been referred to as the vision of how the Internet will function in the future. It means an enhanced digital environment where it is possible to perform social functions (work, play, shopping and creativity) in a digital environment. We’ll explore the Roundhill Ball Metaverse ETF, the first exchange-traded fund designed to expose investors to the metaverse.
RoundHill Ball Metaverse Profile
Roundhill Ball Metaverse (“METV ETF”) was designed to expose investors to the Metaverse by tracking, before fees and costs, the performance of the Ball Metaverse Index (“METV Index”). The Ball Metaverase Index is the first index formulated to track the worldwide performance of the organizations that build the Metaverse. In addition, the index seeks to monitor the achievement of globally traded equity securities of companies that engage in activities or provide products, services and technologies to power the Metaverse and benefit from the profits generated. The Metaverse Index tracks companies based on the following classifications:
- Compute: These companies power and supply computing power to grow and support
- networks Metaverse: Companies that provide real-time connections, high bandwidth, and services of data to customers.
- Virtual Platforms: Companies that produce and operate interactive and often three-dimensional virtual worlds, environments, and simulations where people and businesses can engage in exploration, creation, and socialization with each other.
- Exchange Standards: Companies that develop tools, contracts, formats, resources, and engines that serve as interoperability standards and enable the establishment, operation, and continuous improvement of the Metaverse.
- Payments: Companies that support digital payment procedures and operations including fiat access to pure payment digital currencies and
- financial services content, assets and identity services: related to the design, sale, storage, secure protection and the financial management of digital assets such as virtual goods and currencies. Likewise, the companies that deal with the protection of the data and identity of the users.
- Hardware: Refers to companies that design, develop, and sell the physical devices that users can use to access, interact with, design, and develop the Metaverse.
A strong reason to invest in the Roundhill Ball Metaverse ETF
Roundhill ball metaverse has been positioned as a way for investors to gain exposure to the Metaverse. The fund has amassed more than 40 stocks in its portfolio, including some of the top companies involved in the Metaverse. Here is a summary of how the top 5 companies in this fund are involved in the Metaverse:
- Nvidia – This gaming and technology company provides tools for people to create their metaverses. The most recognized of these tools is the omniverse. The omniverse has been said to pool its expertise in artificial intelligence, graphics, computing infrastructure, and simulations.
- Roblox – This is a popular gaming metaverse as its founders have been dreaming of perfecting their interpretation of the Metaverse for 16 years. Roblox has already built a successful metaverse platform that combines unique identities, immersive experiences, and a functioning economy running on its own Robux virtual currency. Also, the game engine can be used to create virtual worlds, as it allows users to generate content.
- Unity Software: Unity is another game engine that can be used to create metaverses. the company’s software works with nearly half of all PC and console games. The software runs on more than 20 different platforms and approximately 4.5 billion devices. The company offers the savvy gamer a galaxy of virtual locations, games, and experiences, providing plenty of opportunities to explore the Metaverse.
- Microsoft: Microsoft has been creating a tool to power Microsoft tools and other mesh applications. Mesh can be accessed on the enterprise-focused Hololens 2 augmented reality headset and on any VR headset or any device using any mesh-enabled app.
- Metaplatforms: Recently entered the Metaverse with the launch of Horizons worlds for adults in the US and Canada. With the Oculus Quest 2 VR headset, users can interact for free in Horizon Worlds, a virtual reality social platform.
What does Roundhill Ball Metaverse EFT hope to accomplish?
Roundhill Ball Metaverse EFT is to expose Metaverse to the general population
- infrastructure developing companies that are essential to the Metaverse like Cloudflare and Nvidia
- virtual worlds creation gaming engines such as unity and Roblox
- content creations, commerce, and social companies for the Metaverse, such as Tencent, Sea, and Snap.
Roundhill Ball Metaverse EFT Price Prediction
According to any virtual currency market, it is difficult to predict how the market will go as there are so many variables involved. However, the price seems to fluctuate with a 0.24% increase on May 25, 2022. There is no immediate prediction of how the price or the market will behave; however, there are bullish reports for the future. It is because the company is entering Europe with its investment. The firm stated that it would monitor companies in the classifications listed above that seek to promote the Metaverse. The company claims that the move to enter Europe is so that everyone has the opportunity to invest in the company and not just US investors. However, if major investors or holders pull out of the project, the price may plummet, although this is unlikely. Ark research has predicted that revenue from virtual worlds may reach $400 billion by 2025, and Bloomberg claims the market opportunity in the multiverse may reach as much as $800 billion by 2024. These predictions should not be considered financial advice.