New NFT minting and selling platform will be launched by cloud-based software giant Salesforce in October 2022.
To meet people’s growing interest in minting and selling of NFT, cloud-based software giant Salesforce has launched its NFT cloud at CNX22. The platform is said to be available in October to help people mint and sell their NFTs. Adam Caplan, senior vice president of Salesforce, told Bloomberg that “brands are likely to use NFTs for the purpose of engagement and access rather than selling collectibles with no functional utility.” Salesforce NFT Cloud is currently a pilot program and available to a limited customer base. The company has not yet specified the blockchain platform that will be used to mint NFTs. As for the environment, it is decided that no energy-intensive blockchain will be used.
The top three moments were served on Salesforce CNX22 viz.
- NFT Cloud Launch
- A Fierce Fashion Show with Equality Leaders
- New Commerce Cloud and Marketing Cloud Features.
However, the launch of NFT Cloud has caught people’s attention as the craze and familiarity of people in NFT trading has increased recently. With the launch of the NFT cloud, the company decided to enter the NFT metaverse after its significant success in the world of CRM software.
The news might interest you a lot if you are already familiar with the concept of NFT and blockchain. However, if it is the opposite, understanding this concept could open up new sources of income for you. Take 15 minutes, and by the end, you’ll have enough knowledge about the concept that any such news in the future will interest you rather than confuse you.
What are NFTs?
The news and blogs talk about NFTs. Let’s first understand what NFT is and why it’s all the rage. NFT refers to non-fungible tokens. It is the digital asset that represents the range of real-world objects, such as art, game elements, music, and video. These items are bought and sold online, mostly with cryptocurrencies. The NFT helps record these real-world objects on the blockchain, which is decentralized and open to scrutiny. The NFT or your work can be minted by anyone and cannot be exchanged for another. Therefore, each NFT is unique on its own.
What is minting and selling NFT?
Minting NFT simply refers to registering or producing a new NFT. A variety of platforms are available that can be used to mint the NFT. These platforms are known as the NFT marketplace. Suppose you have a piece of art and you want to mint it as NFT.
- First of all, you will set up a crypto wallet. There are a variety of crypto wallets available on the platforms. MetaMask is currently the most popular crypto wallet compatible with the Ethereum Blockchain.
- In the next step, you will select the NFT market. Here you can choose NFTically, MakersPlace, Foundation, Mineable, etc.
- Once you have chosen the correct NFT market, the platform will guide you step by step to mint the NFT of your artwork by uploading it. You will also be provided with the option to create a single NFT or a series.
When you have minted the NFT, you will also have the opportunity to show it off to visitors and sell it too. Selling the right NFT on the right platform at the right time has brought users a huge profit. The process of selling NFTs is as simple as minting the NFT.
- When you have listed your NFT on the correct market, it will allow you to put it up for sale.
- You can provide any additional requirements, such as the price or time limit for the auction and the cryptocurrencies that buyers will need to pay.
- The markets where you transact will charge you the fee. The fee is workable and depends on how busy the blockchain network is.
- You can also promote your sale on social media and other platforms to attract buyers.
The most popular NFT marketplace
Salesforce has just introduced its NFT marketplace with the promise that it will be available worldwide in October. However, NFT trading has been going on for a long time, so it is obvious that a variety of NFT markets already exist. So, here is the list of some NFT marketplaces running the domain as of now:
The platform was launched in the year 2017 and is currently counted among the largest active NFT marketplaces. The platform offers hosting of popular NFTs like art, music, trading cards, virtual words, photography, etc.
Similar to the previous one, Rarible also allows you to sell or buy NFTs on its platform. Rarible has also created its own token, RARI, which helps holders vote on company decisions. It has a vast network with a strong connection to trade.
This NFT marketplace was launched in 2021. Binance NFT offers typical digital assets found on other major platforms. It consists of artwork, game items, and collectibles.
The platform is a high-end NFT art marketplace that positions itself as an art gallery in the NFT ecosystem. The market is very selective regarding the filing of NFTs; therefore, it is comparatively difficult to list the NFT on the platform.
NBA Top Shot
NBA Top Shot allows basketball fans to purchase NFTs of great moments that happened in basketball history. The buyer can get the WNBA and NBA video clips, highlights and arts. However, it may not be that easy to buy these moments, as a LeBron James dunk video sold for $208,000 in February 2021.
List of Popular NFT Tokens
There are a variety of popular NFT tokens that have been sold or bought in the story of:
- and Axie Infinity
- Theta Network
- The Sandbox
- Metarun NFT
Interesting facts about
- The most valuable NFT is worth over $91.8 million.
- The top five countries with NFT adoption are in Asia alone.
- An NFT meme once sold for $4 million.
- 23% of millennials in the United States collect NFTs.
- In just one month of 2021, NFT art sales exceeded 1.5 million.
- More than 70% of Americans are still not familiar with the concept of NFTs.
- Men are three times more likely to be NFT collectors compared to women.
We hope that you have clarified your basic concepts about NFTs and the associated operating principles. However, we recommend that you do more research on the subject if you also plan to mint and sell NFTs in the future.
We are pleased that Emizentech works closely on Salesforce and NFT. With our domain experts, we can help you learn more deeply about the concepts. Also, if you have decided to establish a source of sleeping income through NFT, we can help you clear the path and have a pleasant journey.
Feel free to contact our Salesforce experts with questions.